Here are a few ideas
Recycling is when we take something already used and find a way to turn it into something to be used again, but in a different way. In other words, it is a method of turning waste into new products or materials.
- Encourage your household to recycle more
Consumption means using or buying something, the more we consume the worse the effects are on our environment, we need to reduce our consumption.
- Motivate people to reduce how many new clothes they buy by buying more second-hand clothing
- Encourage people to use their own cutlery instead of getting plastic forks, plastic straws, etc.
Carbon footprint is how much CO2 is put in the atmosphere by individuals, organisations, or a community. CO2, what plants"breathe" in and humans breathe out, is a gas that can be made naturally or man-made. When there is too much CO2, that is when our earth gets warmer.
- Encourage people to walk or use a bicycle instead of driving
- Inspire people to use less energy (turn off lights, save water etc.)